Imagine being part of team that helps transform leading organisations and communities around the world! At Accenture we put innovation at the heart of everything we do and coupled with our core values of client value creation, one global network, respect for the individual, best people, integrity and stewardship, we offer careers that provide unparalleled opportunities for career growth and job satisfaction.
Contract Management is part of our Legal and Commercial Services. Our professionals bring innovative ideas to commercial reality with a focus on maximising value for all parties through a deep understanding of legal, business and commercial risks. We work alongside Accenture sales and delivery teams throughout the entire contract lifecycle to provide high quality advice and support for negotiation, drafting and ongoing management of client contracts.
We apply commercial and contractual expertise to lead the delivery of legal & commercial outcomes for our priority engagements and portfolios, including:
• Sales growth: expanding the footprint of our agreements and supporting new business;
• Revenue protection: delivering on our contractual commitments;
• Margin improvement: effectively managing commercial levers, risks and issues; and
• Compliance with contract obligations and Accenture policy.
Contract Managers take responsibility for managing large clients and/ or a portfolio of clients in a manner that maximises value for Accenture and clients.
Contract Managers must be capable of managing complex, high risk, high value contracts and subcontracts in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws and client business requirements. Contract Managers are generally co-located with Accenture business/client units and project teams (often on client premises) and are expected to maintain a high level of visibility on the account as they perform their contract management responsibilities.
Contract Managers also organise, control and direct the work activities of a team of contract management professionals and other related engagement staff allocated to a business or client unit, taking accountability for commercial and contractual outcomes and acting as a role model for contract management staff and a trusted partner to the business. Contract Managers are client facing and have a key role in building trusted relationships with client counterparts.
• Lead contract management team on a specific large/complex project or account or large/complex portfolio of accounts;
• Work with project, account managers and client teams to ensure contract management support meets the day to day requirements of the business; and
• Actively promote benefit/awareness of contract management with business and account leaders, identifying opportunities to further develop contract management support.
• Be a role model for more junior contract management staff and demonstrate leadership qualities by participating in wider contract management activities.
People & Portfolio Management / Development:
• Supervise, mentor and coach contract management staff allocated to a specific project or account or portfolio of accounts to ensure most effective utilisation of resources;
• Review performance standards for contract management staff, evaluate work performance and take timely action to recognise high performance and correct underperformance;
• Provide regular input to the priority setting and performance achievement process for contract management staff on an account or project;
• Assess training and education needs for contract management staff on a specific project or account; and
• Assist with recruitment activities, attend interviews for junior staff and oversee onboarding of new staff.
Risk & Issue Management:
• Identify commercial and contract risks and issues, working with account leadership to ensure appropriate mitigations strategies and solutions are developed and approved (in accordance with prescribed guidelines);
• Escalate matters in a timely and controlled fashion (in accordance with prescribed guidelines) and ensure affected parties are notified in an appropriate manner; and
• Draft, review and approve appropriate reports in compliance with contract management processes and account delivery requirements.
• Provide support for pre-award sales activities including developing responses to client RfPs or similar, working with business and legal to draft contract schedules and participate in negotiations; and
• Demonstrate solid reasonable knowledge and understanding of Accenture's service offerings and new technologies, and the associated commercial considerations and build awareness and education within the Contract Management and Delivery team.
Contracting, Drafting and Negotiation:
• Draft complex Statements of Work, Change Requests, Arrangement Letters, Subcontracts and Non- Disclosure Agreements (not exclusive), working with project leadership to provide timely reviews and quality contractual documents that are fit for purpose and working with legal and business leadership to ensure alignment with overall business/Legal objectives and approvals
• Participate in/lead negotiations to achieve the best outcomes for Accenture and clients.
Commercial and Contract Management Processes:
• Implement contract management processes on a specific project or account in a manner that is consistent with Accenture policies;
• Ensure all contract relevant policies and procedures applicable to an account are identified and communicated to relevant personnel and
• Work with delivery and finance leads to identify and flex appropriate contract and commercial levers affecting revenue cost and profit.
Knowledge Skills and Experience
Contract Management Knowledge and Experience:
• Min 7 years relevant experience as a contract manager with exposure to complex, risky deals with proven team management experience;
• Relevant experience with either digital, consulting, outsourcing and systems integration deals in the Information Technology sector preferred;
• Demonstrated experience leading teams with good/impactful executive presence;
• Able to collaborate and communicate effectively with internal and external executives and be capable of contributing and influencing key commercial and contracting decisions; and
• Solid experience managing complex commercial issues and understanding main commercial principles
Legal and Contracting Knowledge and Experience:
• Understanding of general commercial contracting regulations and principles and subcontracting practices
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of legal principles as they relate to commercial and contract management;
• Advanced knowledge of the commercial terms and conditions applicable to contracts for Digital, Consulting, Outsourcing or Systems Integration services.
• Senior Contract Manager for Operating Group/Unit or Portfolio Lead; Country/ Regional Contract Management Lead;
• Contract Management professionals providing services on an account or portfolio of accounts
• Client commercial, procurement, contract management, business executives
• Commercial Director; Account Managing Directors, Client Account Lead and Business Leads
Education and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Member of International Association for Contract and Commercial Management (IACCM) or National Contract Management Association (NCMA) and/ or professional certification considered a plus.
• Min 7 years in contract management or related discipline.
• Extensive travel may be required.
Behaviours and Attributes
• Open to work with and understand cross-cultures and locations throughout the Accenture global organization.
• Understand the value of diversity and recognize the strengths that different styles, innovative perspectives and experiences bring to Accenture.
• Demonstrate respect for individuals regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, age, disability, culture, social status and/or sexuality.
• Able to effectively influence senior leadership.
• Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
• Leader as well as team player, collaborative and persuasive; able to work well with executives and non-executives.
• Build trust-based relationships by delivering on commitments.
• Demonstrate high level of oral and written communication skills and an ability to provide appropriate advice.