Working as part of the global Accenture Technology Marketing & Communications team, the Marketing and Communications Manager for Intelligent Platform Services & Intelligent Engineering Services will support the marketing and communications strategy in support of the IPS Business Groups and IES as they are launched and continue to develop and grow. This includes expanding our communications and marketing plans to support our growth strategy such as:
- Effectively team with the SAP, Oracle, Salesforce, Microsoft and Workday Business Groups Leads and M&C teams in the overall alignment and sharing of strategic overarching programs and refresh as required.
- Collaborate with HR in the M&C component of the implementation of the employee experience journey.
- Coordinate webcasts, meetings and events for our IPS Lead
- Work with IES leadership and marketing teams to support IES growth strategies and support Ecosystem marketing with IES Ecosystem partners.
- Manage the annual budget and reporting to show strong ROI on programs.
Content Development and Campaigns
- Help create strategic messaging, including structuring a multi-faceted message platform, writing and shaping messages designed to raise perceptions of our IPS and IES business globally and locally. Help develop a visual identity to support the messaging, and continually evolve and refresh to stay current with emerging trends and Accenture brand standards.
- Help drive internal and external marketing content and campaigns to evangelize our key audiences: leadership, client teams, and our people; IPS and IES Ecosystem leadership and sales teams; clients and other external audiences, such as industry analysts.
- Help drive the development of market-relevant and differentiated thought leadership, helping to write new content and shape global content. Help proactively identify hot topic areas for content, develop messaging and create content including thought leadership, POVs and research, working with the geographic teams to localize and industry teams to tailor, ensuring the content is relevant for sales campaigns around the world.
- Develop content for website pages and registration sites to support the events, thought leadership, new collateral and other areas. Work collaboratively with the Digital marketing team to develop the pages and ensure timely delivery.
- Help create and drive a robust social media program to ensure strong integration of digital marketing elements across all M&C programs. Drive strong share of voice and position our senior business leaders. Proactively seek new channels and innovative ways to share our stories to keep current of social trends.
- Write content for blogs, social posts and other content required for the social channels. Ensure consistency and accuracy of Accenture Technology strategic marketing messages across various social channels and programs and ensure Accenture’s social media policies are adhered to.
- Analyze results to gain insights and improve our overall digital marketing program.
- Create an integrated communications plan to support our growth agenda, developed and implemented at the global level and regional levels. This includes the development of an overarching internal communications strategy and plan aimed at creating a cultural change within Accenture. Integration and collaboration with the global and regional leads is essential to ensuring a comprehensive yet localized plan.
- Develop overarching messaging and brand guidelines for internal communications, and ensure these standards are adapted globally.
- Work with regional and functional leads to create a comprehensive schedule and content development plan for ongoing communications at the global and regional levels.
- Manage the writing, editing and oversight of internal communications, leveraging other resources as required.
- Work with designers and outside agencies to develop related creative assets and work with our internal mailing team to distribute.
Event Management, Communications and Outreach
- Support our large, high profile events, teaming with marketing leadership and event program lead, providing overall event management capabilities, and manage smaller events held around the globe, focusing on how to gain traction internally and with clients, and achieve the best ROI.
- Team with marketing colleagues in other key functions such as Events Marketing and Ecosystem Marketing leads as required.
Education and Sales Assets
- Develop presentations and videos, along with other education, training and sales assets. Manage the development of sales presentations, leadership speeches and scripts, and provide coaching for Accenture, Ecosystem and client leads in the video shoots, working with creative services and production teams to manage all logistics and production of the assets.
Client Success Stories
- Become expert in knowing our IPS and IES client base to ensure we are targeting our best client stories for the various channels: credentials, wins and successes postcards, awards, annual and quarterly reports, event marketing and other.
- Develop wins and successes, and work with the credentials team to develop externally approved content. Share these stories across the channels within Accenture and externally as appropriate. Identify the correct client stories for critical channels such as: quarterly reports, industry analyst reports, awards, speaking opportunities,
- Manage global awards application process, including the development of comprehensive nomination submissions; manage the input from client teams and subject matter experts; managing a team of writers to help support the development efforts; ensure leadership approval and client sign off; provide project management to ensure timely submissions.
Marketing leadership expectations
- Disrupt old ways of communicating by continually challenging our marketing team, agencies and business leaders to be at the forefront of Accenture’s visual and verbal brand style.
- Collaborate with and rally marketing colleagues across our five businesses and geographic units to rollout programs and strategies across the company.
- Be the standards bearer for strategic, accurate, consistent marketing messages across channels and programs.
- Willingness to “roll up your sleeves” and provide tactical execution on marketing campaigns, events, asset development, etc. (not just managing, but doing).
Willingness to be an “in the scrum” team player who can switch gears to be responsive to the business, based on the priority of the day, week or month.
- Bachelor’s degree required, prefer in marketing & communications, journalism or related. Technology industry marketing experience preferred.
- Minimum of 12– 15 years’ experience in marketing and communications, preferably with some experience in the technology industry; experience in applying marketing concepts; branding and message development skills.
- Proven ability to provide deep and original thinking about complex issues.
- Demonstrated ability to turn complex ideas into stories and visual concepts easily understood by a broad audience.
- Executive presence, and a strong knowledge of the technology industry and landscape.
- Confidence, presence and personal credibility to establish successful relationships.
- Previous executive communications experience highly desired.
- Strong organization, program management and content development skills, with a demonstrated ability to meet milestones, meet tight deadlines and communicate status on concurrent projects
- Exceptional communication skills. The ability to present and communicate ideas clearly and persuasively at all levels to multiple audiences.
- Bold creativity and a passion for new technology trends and the future.
- Strong knowledge of innovation, technology content, and the ability to instantaneously absorb and create the new.
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement and measure multi-faceted marketing plans and programs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop content, including synthesizing complex technology topics and writing new pieces.
- Role is expected to flex regularly between working out of Accenture office location, and working in a global, virtual environment.
- Personal flexibility to travel where and when required, and to participate in virtual meetings outside of regular business hours to connect with business leaders in other time zones.
- Confidence, presence and personal credibility to establish successful relationships.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. The ability to present and communicate ideas clearly and persuasively at all levels to multiple audiences.
- Creative drive, energy, innovation and enthusiasm – never satisfied with status quo, always striving to break new ground and bring new marketing techniques and channels to the forefront.
- Goal oriented, business-focused, responsive and reliable.
- Excellent Digital, Social Media and PowerPoint skills.
- Willingness to learn quickly, take initiative and maintain focus.
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a virtual, problem-solving environment.
- Strong project management skills, organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills
- Exceptionally strong teaming skills.
- Excellent negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skills.
- Sensitivity to the cultural variances across different countries.